What Jesus paid for on the cross
Friends, very few people have grasped the full ramifications of what Jesus Christ purchased on the cross for us, with his own blood. Our victorious life in Christ on earth is in direct proportion to the knowledge of what He did for us and who you are in Christ, as a result of his monumental sacrifice.
We are now (post cross) in possession of these majestic spoils and with this knowledge we may obtain victory in every area of our lives. The full outline of what Christ won for us is summarized below, with specific scriptural references:
- A Child of God (Romans 8:1).
- Redeemed of God and redeemed from the hand of the enemy (Psalm 107:2).
- Forgiven, having been delivered out of the power of darkness and translated into the Kingdom of his dear Son. (Col 1:13-14).
- Saved by Grace through Faith (Ephesians 2:8).
- Justified (Romans 5:1).
- Sanctified (I Corinthians 6:11).
- A new creature (II Corinthians 5:17).
- Partaker of His divine nature, having escaped the corruption of this world (II Peter 1:4).
- Redeemed from the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13).
- Delivered from the powers of darkness (Colossians 1:13).
- Led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14).
- A Son of God (Romans 8:14).
- Kept in Safety wherever I go because an angel has been assigned for my protection (Psalm 91:11).
- Getting all my needs met by Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
- Casting all my cares on Jesus because he cares for me (I Peter 5:7).
- Strong in the Lord and the power of His might (Ephesians 6:10).
- Doing all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).
- An heir of God and a joint heir with Jesus (Romans 8:17).
- Heir to the blessing of Abraham (Galatians 3:13-14).
- Observing and doing the Lord’s commandments (Deuteronomy 28:12).
- Blessed coming in and going out (Deuteronomy 28:6).
- An inheritor of eternal life (I John 5:11-12).
- Blessed with all spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3).
- Healed by His Stripes (I Peter 2:24).
- Exercising my authority over the enemy (Luke 10:19).
- Above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).
- More than a conqueror (Romans 8:37).
- Establishing God’s word here on earth (Matthew 16:19).
- An overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).
- Daily overcoming the devil (1 John 4:4).
- Not moved by what I see (II Corinthians 4:18).
- Walking by faith and not by sight (II Corinthians 5:7).
- Casting down vain imaginations (II Corinthians 10:4-5).
- Bringing every thought into captivity (II Corinthians 10:5).
- Being transformed by a renewed mind (Romans 12:1-2).
- A laborer together with God (I Corinthians 3:9).
- The righteousness of God in Christ (II Corinthians 5:21).
- An imitator of Jesus (Ephesians 5:1).
- The Light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
Please take the time to look up these scriptures for yourself and meditate upon them. By knowing the truth, you will be set free form any hindrances in your life. Notice in the time of temptation in the wilderness, Christ never took up conversation with Satan; he merely quoted the word of God (Matt 4:4, Luke 4:4). Friends we have to have the same mindset to posture us for victory, instead of reasoning with the enemy, we need to cast down imaginations and quote the word back to him. The Holy Spirit will then recall these truth’s to your remembrance in the time of testing or temptation (John 14:26), to guarantee victory in every area of life!
|Senior Pastor Carl Joseph desires to see God move in power in the downtown Denver area. He is joined in the ministry by his wife, Amy. In his spare time, he rides his motorcycle and plays golf.|